Friday, October 31, 2014

Photo shoot with Naturally Athena + product review

Kurls,

I had the pleasure of participating in a photoshoot for Naturally Athena Natural Hair Care Product Line. Check out the photos below:

  

 

The photo shoot was absolutely awesome. Great photographer! Great group of people! Great atmosphere! Oh! And I received some goodies from the Naturally Athena's product line. Below are pictures of the Naturally Athena Goddess Clay Cleanse, Naturally Athena Goddess Conditioner, and Naturally Athena Goddess Curl Creme.

When I got these products, the first thing I looked at were the ingredients, which I was pretty excited about. Coconut milk, castor oil, sweet almond oil, aloe vera juice, and slippery elm are just some of the products' ingredients. With all these wonderful ingredients, I wondered about the scent. To my surprise, the scent of the products can be described as soft and calming. When I took a whiff, I naturally took another because it smells THAT good.

Now you know I had to try these products out. I followed the following steps to cleanse my hair:  

1. Pre-poo

Prior to beginning, I placed large twist in my hair and pre-pooed with honey and coconut oil. I rinsed this mixture out. 

2. Shampoo: Naturally Athena Goddess Clay Cleanse

When I opened Naturally Athena Goddess Clay Cleanse, the smell was so soothing. To shampoo, I decided I would pour 2 ounces of Naturally Athena Goddess Clay Cleanse and 4 ounces of water in an applicator bottle. I shook it several times to mix the contents.

I distributed this mixture to my scalp, and massaged it in. I also squeezed (not rubbed) the mixture through my twists. I rinsed it out. I had enough to apply one more round of the mixture. Once this was massaged in to my scalp, I rinsed thoroughly, ensuring that my scalp and hair were clean.

3. Condition: Naturally Athena Goddess Conditioner

Next, I applied the Naturally Athena Goddess Cream Conditioner to each twist. I applied the conditioner to each individual twist as well as finger detangled. This conditioner made it a breeze. It was soft and creamy. It provided my hair with a lot of slip, which is great for keeping knots at bay. Once the conditioner was distributed to each twist, I placed my infamous plastic bag on my head. 

I left the conditioner on for 45 minutes while I indulged in my guilty pleasure of watching reality television... #loveandhiphop. I rinsed the conditioner out with warm water and child... My hair was SO soft and manageable. No lie! My hair felt so good that I could have stopped at this step, but my curiosity was definitely interested in seeing how the Naturally Athena Goddess Curl Creme would work. 

4. Style: Naturally Athena Goddess Curl Creme

Then I applied the Naturally Athena Goddess Curl Creme to each twist. This creme styler has plenty of slip, and my hair felt moisturized as I applied it to each twist. The bonus with this styler is that my hair was easily detangled, and my curl pattern was defined. With ingredients like slippery elm, flaxseed extract, sweet almond oil, and castor oil, no wonder this product works well. 

I let my hair air dry after I applied the curl creme for about an hour. Then I covered it with my silk scarf of choice.

The Next Morning

The next morning I woke up to moisturized, shiny hair. I can't complain one bit! These products will be in my regimen rotation. 

Second day hair here. My hair was still moisturized even though no additional product had been applied! Winning! 


Overall, I really like the Naturally Athena Natural Hair Care Line
. You can purchase your Naturally Athena hair products here.

Until next time....
Be faith-filled, fearless, and fabulous,
Kurly Ken


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment down below.